Monday 23 September 2013

MY NECKLACE - By Aliya

My taonga is my necklace.  It is called Venia Koru.  The meaning of the necklace is that love is eternal.  Which means love goes on forever.  

My necklace is special because it comes from Finalnd.  My Pappa bought it for me when he was on holiday in Finland (he is Finnish).  I think it is really cool that is comes from where my Pappa is from.

This will probably look like a triangle to you.  But it isn't a triange.  it's supposed to be a heart.  It has a swirl on it called a koru.  It is a lot like a maori koru too, but it isn't.

The shop that my Pappa bought the necklace from was in Kuopio.  It was made in 2011.  When the necklace is made it is heated to more than 1,000 degrees so that the metal melts into the shapes of a heart.

What I like best about my necklace is the way they have carved it, it looks like there are black crystals shining inside.  I have to be very careful not to loose my necklace as I wouldn't be able to get another one easily.

This treasure is like greenstone to New Zealand, except it belongs to Finland.  My necklace makes me feel special because I'm the only one who has it.

No comments:

Post a Comment