Monday 12 August 2013

THE ANT AND THE GRASSHOPPER - Retold by Isabella


Once upon a time there lived an ant and a grasshopper.  The ant worked all Summer for Winter while the grasshopper made fun of her.

“Why do you work so hard?  Live a little!”

She did not listen.  She put her wheat in her pantry and cooked pancakes.

Soon, it turned to Winter.

The grasshopper said, “I need shelter and food.  Oh…..Oh……Ant”

He knocked on Ants door.  Ant opened the door.

The grasshopper said, “Can you give me food and shelter in your house and I’ll sing a song.”

“Why should I do that stuff for you, when I worked so hard all Summer, and all you did was laugh at me.  You should have thought about Winter.”

And she shut the door in his face.

Wise people think about tomorrow, today.

No comments:

Post a Comment